Saturday, February 21, 2015

Playing Catch-Up



I have a few days to catch up on here...  We survived the motel in Cuba, MO and every since then we have been really busy.  The Wagon Wheel Motel was COLD.  Danielle and I had to sleep in sweatshirts and long underwear and insulate the front door with coats and clothes so the air wouldn't leak in.  The renovations were nice but I believe we were the only 2 staying there that night and it felt very isolated.  Kind of creepy.  Anyway, when we got up and moving the next day, we drove for a few miles looking for the worlds biggest rocking chair in Fanning!  This thing was HUGE.  You can tell its almost taller than the tree next to it.  There were signs on it saying not to climb.  I didn't.  I obeyed.  But it was so hard to walk away from that temptation! 

Our goal on Thursday was to drive as far as we could because we didn't make it very far on Wednesday.  Thursday we made it to Carthage, MO.  Home of Precious Moments.  You know, like those little porcelain dolls? They look sort of like a cross between babies and angels.

Before we made it there though, we toured another cave.  Cave #2 on our trip so far! Did I mention I love caves??? Well this one was way cooler than any I have experienced before.  They loaded us into a trailer attached to a Jeep and DROVE us through the cave like we were on a hay ride!!! Our tour guide was great! She gave us a really good history of the cave in an interesting way.  I believe it is the only cave in the country that gives riding tours.  Pretty cool, huh? 



Right at the end of the day, before we stopped driving for the night, Danielle and I visited Wilson's Creek National Battlefield.  I got my Passport stamps and we talked to some of the rangers there (who were very friendly and informative even though we arrived 15 minutes before closing).  They also warned us about the weather coming and suggested we get to a hotel early that night.  


P.S. - The signs in Missouri are blue. :) They're my favorite so far.  Every other state has been brown. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! My prediction about sign color was incorrect.
    Hooray for cave tours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have climbed that rocking chair any way!

    That cave Jeep looked really cool.

    ReplyDelete